Wednesday, March 28, 2012

NEW REVIEW for THE VIRTUAL LIFE OF FIZZY OCEANS

Hi! Amy B. here. Fizzy just sent me a PM. It seems that she just found a new review for DR's book about you-know-who. That girl is developing quite a following. Meanwhile I'm sitting here in my apartment, at my computer, pulling her strings. Whatever! But the review by Roy Sexton is spot on, if I do say so myself. I've emailed DR to tell him about it too. After all, he has the last word.

Here's the review:
"In this day and age of lightspeed communication and technology that knits together a social media-fed world and blurs the lines of virtual reality and, well, real reality, David Ross' "Virtual Life of Fizzy Oceans" is a tonic. Through satire, whimsy, and a clearly defined central narrator, Ross paints a po...rtrait of a world lived in escape as elements of history are plucked and observed in a kind of hazy electronic dreamworld. The internet in its present incarnation promises us the ability now to visit any moment in time (via youtube, wikipedia, and other instant resources) but those moments are often divorced from context. Imagine a world where you can immerse yourself in those moments, not only divorced from their historical timeline but from your living room as well. That is Fizzy's/Amy's existence/escape. That is the utopian/dystopian setting Ross creates. The novel is a zippy (dare I say, fizzy) read, offering the reader both entertainment and provocation. Definitely worth exploring this virtual life as documented by Ross' expert hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment